“Excuses only sound real to the person making it”.
I thought I always had it bad. I thought God didn't like me so that’s why he made me suffer so much.
- I grew up one of five children and we weren’t well off.
- Being one of a few Filipinos in a predominantly Anglo-saxon and Caucasian High School, I was an outcast.
- I was a shy, skinny Asian kid, picked on and bullied.
- I didn't excel academically or in sport.
- My career was like the first 3 episodes of Game of Thrones with so many different directions, I was so confused I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself for over 10 years. An Advertising graduate, turned Financial Services Admin Officer, turned Account Manager for The Good Guys Electronics store, turned HR Consultant, turned Personal Trainer.
For a long time, I would blame and complain saying “Why me, God, why me!”. But not anymore. No more excuses.
I stopped being a victim and I stopped saying “I’m waiting for good things to happen to me”. I work my butt off and fight for what I want. I used to often say, “I’ll wait until I win the lotto”. Stop waiting for things to happen to you and go get what you MUST have!!!
No excuses. Live an extraordinary life. Don’t settle for an ordinary one. If it was easy, everybody would do it.
Find your magnificent obsession… something that you’ll stop everything for and you’ll go out and get it. Something that will not let anyone or anything tell you, you can’t do it. FIND YOUR OBSESSION.
I was watching my favourite Motivational Speaker, Dr. Eric Thomas the other day and it’s funny what he said.
“We ask for guarantees from others but not from ourselves. 30 day money back guarantee. If you don’t make what they say you’ll make in 30 days you want your money back. You never demanded the money back from yourself”.
Stop pointing fingers at other people, and start pointing fingers at yourself. What did you not do?
Remember, you’re never going to feel like it. No excuses. Fight for what is yours. Grind, work hard and obsess over what you MUST have. NO EXCUSES!!!
Now hold yourself accountable to have no more excuses when you do your DIYPT program or anything else for that matter. Reflect on these questions as a start:
- What are the top 3 things you value in your life right now? These top 3 are your priorities in your life right now, so when a situation arises, if it’s not one of these top 3, they will be put on the back burner. For example if you, your health or fitness goal is not in the top 3 right now, you won’t succeed in your DIYPT program.
- If money wasn't an issue, what job would you want to do?
- Do you believe you’re living an extraordinary life? If yes, what makes it extraordinary?
- What is your magnificent obsession? For those who do have an obsession, this will get you to the next stage. For those who don't have an obsession, this may open up some opportunities for you to explore and challenge yourself.
Please I urge you to take a moment and answer these questions for yourself. Trust me it will give you clarity in one or more aspects of your life right now.
No excuses everyone! Keep your Eyes on the Prize.